Sat Oct 31 11:16:39 EDT 2015
Boiling down the basic ideas behind PDP and PF:
- most audio/video processing executes as data flow graphs (DFGs)
- RPN is a good way to encode DFGs, exposing usage patterns and locality
- exposed dup and drop make refcount management simple (lazy copy).
There isn't much else to it..
To integrate libprim, zl, pdp, pf, do the following:
- "new" pdp is a shell to data flow graphs running inside of pf, so it
can just be called "pf"
- pf is an intermediate language engine to represent data flow graphs
as linear programs. it can be used stand-alone, or as a pd
- libprim implements pf's object system
- zl implements pf's media bindings
- erlang bindings for sensor network
Next step? Get PF up.
Goal: get video in, do some minimal processing, and send it out over the network.