Tue May 27 21:59:58 EDT 2014
Digging in the old box
Many ideas just come back.
- LM324 is a "horrible excuse for an opamp"
Though TL074 needs a lot of headroom (1.5 to 3V both sides)
- Using MAX232 to generate analog +-12V
Can deliver a couple of mA (short is 10mA).
Very dirty power as well.
Is there another way to get there?
TODO: get a good +-12/15V power supply for analog
- Revive the 9V stomp box. I've got a lot of enclosures still.
- The peak squashing circuit!
- PWM resistors
- The scroll grid circuit; might be interesting together with CV
- Modular system: fixed 1k output impedance, summing input amps. It
would be great to figure out how to allow for bi-directional current
- Stacking DAC, PWM and SD
- Exponential converter, though no sign of a relative one (that was a
- CD4049UBE current mirror / datong clipper.
- Gilbert cells
- R/DD (double diode) for reference + SD aimed at 50% of the mid range
to avoid low frequencies. that might actually work