[<<][synth][>>][..]Fri Dec 3 22:59:35 EST 2010
Modding the Behringer OD300
( A Boss DS-2 clone. )
Playing with it a bit it seems that:
- I need to build a DI with variable loading. The guitar is much
less noisy when loaded with 10kOhm and I wonder if this is just due
to the high-freq rolloff, or if there are other effects.. It seems
to reduce hum.
- It doesn't sound too bad straight into the UB1202 mixer. Capture
this in a separate circuit.
- For playing with the OD300 the full brightness is necessary, so no
splitting off the signal and loading it on the mixer inputs.
- The OD300 is alright. But it needs extra brightness. I have tone
all the way up, and hi all the way up on the mixer.
So, interesting mods:
- Add a clean out after the OD300's input buffer.
- More treble.
It would be interesting to find out if the OD300 is really the Boss
OD-2. I guess I could trace the circuit but I'm a bit lazy. From the
DS-2 schematic it seems to be the "starved, discrete differential amp"