Thu Jun 4 20:04:47 CEST 2009
Before getting into other busses, I need a way to access 2 separate
chips from the same debugging session. I tried communication
protocols before, but without a proper way to control _both_ sender
and receiver testing becomes quite difficult.
* Async serial ports simply work. There is no substitute for
interfacing to a PC.
* Staapl monitor communication is host directed rpc / half duplex.
Slaves are quiet unless addressed. This means all slave outputs
could be wired together.
* Bit-banging serial _output_ data is a lot simpler than input. The
debugger could send out a protocol extension which sends the slave
mask before the message.
* The router could perform the reply OR in software as its inner
loop. It doesn't need to understand the protocol, just combine
- build the router.
- use it to bootstrap monitor protocol over I2C.