Fri May 22 13:05:59 CEST 2009

dynamic image bases vs. static source based development

I really like PLT scheme's macro/module system.  Sometimes it gets in
your face, imposing acyclic dependencies.  However, I've found this
usually to be a good thing.  I've learned to trust the consistency it
brings while developing Staapl.

However, my debugger/editor emacs _needs_ the dynamic approach: I'm
living inside it with lots of state attached whenever I want to change
some functionality.

How can we combine the easy-correctness of a static tool like drscheme
with the convenience of an all-dynamic no-restart environment like