Tue Apr 1 21:59:20 EDT 2014
2013 taxes - what did we learn?
- mysql workbench is a nice tool for low-level editing
- for most things though, you want a custom editor:
i made a "row connect" tool using python pyside qt sql tableview
- didn't figure out how to make html table forms using racket. harder
than it seems..
- don't edit generated / converted data. it's still a pain, but much
better to put manual entries in a separate table and join it into a
- when making complex projections, also check complements as:
select * from tab where key not in (select key from tab_proj);
- writing reports is a pain: take some time for it!
- still didn't figure out a good way to print a simple table to a pdf
document. main problem seems to be setting the column widths when
using wrap-around text. should be easy to compute by allowing a
"max lines" wraparound.