Thu Jan 2 15:27:32 CET 2020
How to make improve software?
1. Use less software: stop tolerating broken shit. Reduce stack, swap
2. Use better a development methodology
Practically, what does this look like? Create a "staging" system
based on current available tech: PCs, linux, and programming
What can I do? First, get own shit under control
- Security border:
1. internet software is Debian with frequent updates.
2. internal software only does updates when required for "app". the
app is exo: integration layer for everything i use
- Development tools:
Bootstrap a new system on top of the old one Linux. Use tools wisely:
- Erlang for system-wide network management
- Rust / Haskell / OCaml for modules.
- C for glue only when necessary
Step 1: Keep Linux out of embedded.
Step 2: Focus on state machines
Use only decent hardware. And use a small OS that supports it and
can run the standard C stack.