Sat Apr 7 11:01:41 EDT 2018
In distributed systems, the "multipath" problem can be really tough to
get under control. It is therefore imperative to have a normal form.
Multipath here refers to commutation of functions, as happens with e.g.
- file storage + code execution:
- run code locally, access files remotely
- run code remotely, with local file access
- software development of shared libraries:
libraries need hosting, so there should be a single, canonical host
to perform development, preferribly one that has "everything" that
is ever used together. i.e. the "main system".
- develop on main system, then push to subsystems
- develop on subsystems, then push to other subsystems
basically, when things get big, develop on the monolith. make sure
you have a "main system" that contains everything you would need to