Mon Feb 3 05:48:16 EST 2020
More handshake examples
So let's do:
- a byte producer (that 4,5,6,7,12,13,14,15,... counter)
- a consumer (the uart)
Also let's properly name:
- read/write strobe
The ack is not an ack. The or of in and out strobe is the ack.
So a machine looks like:
- some data that is exchanged (doesn't really matter!)
- input: indication that peer is ready
- output: ready indication
- ack = wire or of the two
- put this behind a standard interface with some constraints.
- create a standard way of gluing two ports