Sun Aug 12 15:28:13 EDT 2018
Yosys FSM Detection
The fsm_detect pass identifies FSM state registers. It sets the
\fsm_encoding= "auto" attribute on any (multi-bit) wire that matches
the following description:
• Does not already have the \fsm_encoding attribute.
• Is not an output of the containing module.
• Is driven by single $dff or $adff cell.
• The \D -Input of this $dff or $adff cell is driven by a multiplexer
tree that only has constants or the old state value on its leaves.
• The state value is only used in the said multiplexer tree or by
simple relational cells that compare the state value to a constant
(usually $eq cells).
How to see what it detects?