Thu Jan 9 22:38:37 EST 2014
Next: hard problems
- "extend from below" -> see also racket conference
- how to have multiple low-level bases implement a shared functional
approximation of x->exp(x) in different contexts
fixed point Cortex M4F.
- hierarchy of modules? this really smells like haskell type classes.
can it be formalized? are racket modules sufficient? 
- formalize subsampling
- formalize delay lines (+- ok? it's already constructor based)
- fix transfer function computation (see DSP book?): separate
computatuion of polygon / poles (once)from evaluation of rational
function (many times, e.g. for plot).
- plug visualization into fluxus
- make the "code dial" work. structured editor? this probably
requires some kind of jit. or compile to some VM where constants
are not inlined, or get "out-lined" whenever they are dialled.
- solve the multi-layer mix -> distribute problem (only nonlinear!).
this requires representation of "map" as in Feldspar: essentially:
don't ever unpack lists. once unpacked, they gain individual
identity and can no longer be represented as a separate array. the
goal could be to undo gratuitous unpacking?