Fri Jun 25 14:17:10 CEST 2010
What is a difficult problem?
One that has a difficult solution.
- simple problem: a solution is clear intuitively at a glance
- complex problem: a factoring into simple problems is known
- intractable problem: no factoring is known
How to become an expert?
* Know the simple solutions of your domain.
* Don't build unnecessary complex solution through ill-informed
* Build more intuitive understanding of composite solutions by
familiarizing the ``inbetween space''.
* Recognize the smell of intractability.