Wed Dec 7 18:57:02 EST 2011
Printer drama postmortem
I kinda lost it this time. Multiple problems again having to print
something last minute. This printer madness is getting quite absurd.
I didn't find a reason for the first two, for the rest I have a
- cups seems to send empty jobs. restarting cups helps.
- i found a big black toner-spilling paper coming out of the MAGICOLOR
- the HL2240 was printing landscape orientation
- feeder problem with the MAGICOLOR: probably tray 2 not closed properly after move
- there's a routing problem om br1
- MAGICOLOR doesn't seem to like to be switched off
The HL2240 landscape problem seems to be only happening with okular
0.10.5 (debian 4:4.4.5-2) while evince 2.32.0-1 is fine. Maybe I
should stick to evince and not use okular? The new version okular
4:4.6.5-3 still has the same problem. It could also be a problem in
openoffice though, which is where the pdf came from.
I found the black square pdf in /var/spool/cups/tmp. I have no idea
how that came to be. It says it's generated by pdf2pdf. I find no
That feeder problem I don't know. It should be ok now.
Let's just keep the MAGICOLOR on. It has power save mode.