Mon Apr 19 20:14:47 EDT 2010
Simulating Mechanical Systems in Haskell
Let's go through the whole exercise:
U(x,y) = x^2 + y^2 + a / (1 + (x-1)^2 + y^2)
- Compute derivative using autodiff
- Compute lagrangian + hamiltonian equations
- Simulate the equations using the leapfrog method
- Draw them as animation from within haskell
- Generate a C program (i.e. OpenGL) that performs the simulation.
At the end of this (after realizing it is all a bit harder that I
thought) I should at least be a bit wiser.